In support of my ministry to the United Church of Christ at The Villages, Florida
The mission of UCC at The Villages is to be a welcoming inclusive community of Christian faith for all.
The vision of UCC at The Villages is to be the voice of progressive Christianity in the community where all people are welcomed, valued and nurtured in faith.
The United Church of Christ at The Villages embraces the values of love, faith, grace, service and justice.
November 30, 2020
Dear UCCTV Family,
I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving Day. It was a very different kind of Thanksgiving but I know you were thankful for all of God's blessings in our lives -- despite the incredible last 9 months. Remember, God is good. God is good all the time!
First, I hope you were blessed by the pre-recorded worship service this past Sunday on YouTube. It's the work of amazing volunteers (I love our volunteers!) and staff. A great big "GRACIAS" goes out to Denny L., Charlotte S., Marilyn C., Pete W. & Carole W., Patti W., Cynthia S., Mike W., and Penny T.
The link above (Last Sunday's Worship Service) will take you directly to the service. Our weekly minimum YouTube goal for "views" is 150 but we're always happier when we see greater than 150. Please pass it on to your family, friends, and neighbors. They will be blessed!
Two, the "Drop and Drive" Food Drive to benefit the Wildwood Food Pantry is this coming Saturday, December 5th at 10 AM to 2 PM at the church. Rev. Kathy P., who's leading the effort, sends a hearty "THANK YOU" to all the volunteers. The need for food is great so please tell all your neighbors and friends to support this as well! There are two shifts 10 to 12 and 12 to 2 and a gracious number of (masked and gloved) volunteers.
Three, the "hybrid" model of worship is coming Dec. 13th. The model will entail a combination of pre-recording and (very limited) in-person components. Keep the worship team in your prayers as we engage in the transition from the prerecorded to hybrid to, eventually, in-person model when the times is right for UCC at The Villages.
Again, thank you for your faithful support during these challenging times to your church family's mission to each other, our community, and the world. And as I noted in my message this Sunday -- "You bet I believe in Hope!" And so do you. Praise God!
Rev. Luis A. Perez, M.Div.
Intentional Interim Pastor
United Church of Christ at The Villages
Church Website: www.villagesucc.org
My GoToMeeting Link: https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/912518045. You can also join by phone by calling 872-240-3212 (if asked, the Access Code is 912-518-045).
PS: Come back to my ministry website often. I update it once or twice a week.
Growing up in the 1950’s gave us the opportunity to try many exciting products. In 1959 my grandmother introduced me to a new miracle product called, PLEDGE.
That’s when I learned that PLEDGE was a verb, an action word, something that you DO. She and I wiped PLEDGE throughout her house. We breathed new life into everything in that house, from the worn-down wooden kitchen table to the linoleum floors. Yes, linoleum floors!
If you’ve ever sprayed PLEDGE on a floor, you discovered PLEDGE is an action word! Grandma and I discovered the action later that day when we skated across the kitchen! There was no stopping us! We were hooked on PLEDGE!
Today, as we at UCC at The Villages look forward to a new year, we are reminded that all of us can take action. How? PLEDGE! Help our church plan for the coming fiscal year! PLEDGE! Skate into the new year with renewed promise! PLEDGE! That way 2021 will be an opportunity for us, together, as an action-oriented congregation, to breathe new life into our church. Blessings!
To make a PLEDGE, go to www.villagesucc.org to the area marked GROW-2021 Pledges. Then click on the Image. Type in Your NAME, ADDRESS, EMAIL, AND YOUR ANNUAL PLEDGE AMOUNT, AND PLEDGE (TIMING YOUR GIFT AS EITHER A, WEEKLY, MONTHLY, or ANNUAL PLEDGE). No credit card information is required.
Your email will allow us to acknowledge your pledge. OR, simply call Penny and she will send you a PLEDGE form through the mail.
1. I'D LOVE YOU TO OPT BACK IN! As you're all aware, I use text messaging once or twice a week to keep everyone informed of important member-only church activities. These are NOT marketing text messages but church-related messages. Once in awhile, when I text church members, I invariably have some folks inadvertently respond to me by typing "CANCEL." When that happens, your pastor and church lose the ability to reach out to you with very urgent church-related announcements. Doing so deletes your cell phone number from the texting database. In the next few days I'll be sending via email a link for anyone who may have mistakenly opted out from receiving official text messages but welcome opting back in. Of course, if you don't want us to send you the occasional church text message, we'll respect that choice as well -- and I'll still love you!
2. Join my next "PASTOR'S BIBLE STUDY" this coming Wednesday at 7:00 to 7:45 PM on the themes that "jumped-out" to you from last Sunday's message. Click the GoToMeeting link noted below to join me online via your computer, laptop, tablet, or smartphone via https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/912518045. You can also join by phone by calling 872-240-3212 (if asked, the Access Code is 912-518-045). WE BEGIN AND END PROMPTLY, SO YOU'LL NEVER MISS YOUR FAVORITE WEDNESDAY NIGHT 8 PM TV SHOW!
3. Join our online “WEEKLY PRAYER CIRCLE” on Thursdays at 1 PM. It lasts only 30 minutes. This is where a small group of faithful gather weekly to pray for all new and on-going prayer requests. It's truly a time where we learn to trust God in prayer for one another and for our world. Click the GoToMeeting link noted below to join me online via your computer, laptop, tablet, or smartphone. You can also join by phone by calling 872-240-3212 (if asked, the Access Code is 912-518-045). See you then!
4. Please remember there are other online SMALL GROUP GATHERINGS that take place during the week in addition to my Pastor’s Bible Study and Prayer Circle. They include: the WISE Support Group (POC: Beverly H.), Saturday Morning Men’s Bible Study (POC: Denny L.), and the Women’s Spirituality Group (meets via monthly email communications, POC: Rev. Kathy P.). If you want to know more, go to our church website and click the "Bible Study" link for the all the online links. If unsure, please reach out to Penny and she'll provide more information (she'll also connect you with Rev. Kathy P. and the Women’s Spirituality Group).
5. I want to thank so much those who keep sending Penny their PHOTOS of daily life and leisure! They're so important to making the Sunday online worship service fresh. It connects all of us to one another. It's like seeing folks gathering together in church! Remember, they’re used to overlay the musical Prelude slide and serve to remind us we’re a family of faith. Again, thank you to all those who have and continue to send them.